Thursday, November 28, 2013

Breaded Asparagus.

Last year for thanksgiving I made a video.
This year the internet has changed too much for me to be able to load a video from my house.
SO I am going to do this the “old fashioned way” and just write it out :)

Can not wait until next year when I can eat all the cranberries and pumpkin pies.

This holiday season:

I am thankful for my family and friends and my wonderful fiancé for being so supportive.
I am thankful for my kitten Papaya for being here to make me smile when I'm sad.
I am thankful for my new nephew because I know he is an amazing person.
I am thankful for all of the fellow volunteers
– especially the ones who have become really great friends of mine over the last year.
I am thankful for my fan for helping me readjust to this ridiculous heat.
I am thankful for airplanes.
I am thankful for technology that keeps me connected.
I am thankful that in about 9 months I will get to go home to a country that makes more sense to me...
I am also thankful for the experience to live in a country that doesn't.
I am thankful that I live in a world where the Peace Corps exists.
I am thankful for “TastyBites” minute meals for allowing me and Papaya to eat like bosses this Thanksgiving even if we were all alone in my living room. (Don't worry the real Thanksgiving festivities will take place on Saturday!) And for the Peanut Chew that I ate for desert. And lastly I am thankful that the only Turkey I saw today was alive and well and wandering in the field outside of my house.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and a Happy Hanukkah as well!!

Think of me as you eat your mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts.
Z

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving--you are always so in my thoughts and I am very thankful for you and hoping the months fly till i see you again. mucho love mom

    ReplyDelete