Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's June!


I can’t believe it is June… And I will be leaving Philly in just over 3 weeks.

Sunday, will be my last day of work. At which point I imagine that things will start to feel very real. That being said I cannot wait to arrive in Benin, make new friends, meet my host family, and by completely immersed in my new culture, new language, and new life.

We received our schedule for the first week of life in Benin today, and we will be spending the first few days on a Catholic Compound known as St. Jean Eudes. This is really relieving… I was worried that we would be dropped off with our Host Families as soon as we got off the plane. I can’t wait to meet them but I think the small adjustment period will be helpful.

The whole first week will be filled with training and with meeting my host family… which by the way… My first full day with my host family, also happens to be my BIRTHDAY!! Can’t wait to update everyone on how that goes :-D

For now I just need to spend the rest of my time getting ready to go… and spending lots of time with my friends and family!! Getting Exciteeeddd!!

With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment